The laboratory for light stable isotopes of the hydrogeology group is specialized in measurements of the liquid phase. It is equipped for measurements of stable isotope ratios of dissolved inorganic carbon (DIC), dissolved organic carbon (DOC) and particulate organic carbon (POC), and oxygen and hydrogen of water. A modified Gasbench system allows for the measurement of the oxygen isotope ratio of the dissolved oxygen (O2, DO) in water. Additionally, carbon and oxygen isotope analysis of organic material and compound specific isotope analysis (CSIA) of organic pollutants can be carried out.
Routine analyses in major ions and trace elements as well as field sampling are also performed.
- δ2H and δ18O water (Picarro, Gasbench, and TC/EA liquid injection)
- δ13C-DIC and δ13C-DOC (Gasbench and Aurora 1030W)
- δ15N and δ13C-organic (bulk; Costech Elemental Analyzer)
- CSIA δ13C-organic (compound specific; Thermo GC/C III)
- δ18O-solids (TC/EA with zero blank autosampler)
- gaseous CO2 Proben (Dual Inlet and Gasbench)
- δ18O on dissolved oxygen (O2, DO) (via modified Gasbench)
- major ion analyses
- trace elment analyse
- field parameters (pH, eH, O2, alkalinity, temp., conductivity
Picarro L1102-i water isotope analyzer
Delta V plus coupled to Costech Elemental Analyzer, Thermo TC/EA, and OI Analytical 1030W Aurora
Delta V Advantage coupled to Thermo Gasbench II