The laboratory for light stable isotopes of the hydrogeology group is specialized in measurements of the liquid phase. It is equipped for measurements of stable isotope ratios of dissolved inorganic carbon (DIC), dissolved organic carbon (DOC) and particulate organic carbon (POC), and oxygen and hydrogen of water. A modified Gasbench system allows for the measurement of the oxygen isotope ratio of the dissolved oxygen (O2, DO) in water. Additionally, carbon and oxygen isotope analysis of organic material can be carried out.
Routine analyses in major ions and trace elements as well as field sampling are also performed.
- δ2H and δ18O water (Picarro, Gasbench, and TC/EA liquid injection)
- δ13C-DIC and δ13C-DOC (Gasbench and Aurora 1030W)
- δ15N and δ13C-organic (bulk; Costech Elemental Analyzer)
- δ18O-solids (TC/EA with zero blank autosampler)
- gaseous CO2 samples (Dual Inlet, Gasbench and Delta Ray)
- δ18O on dissolved oxygen (O2, DO) (via modified Gasbench)
- δ13C and δ18O of CO2 (DeltaRay Laser Spectrometer)
- major ion analyses
- trace elment analyse
- field parameters (pH, eH, O2, alkalinity, temp., conductivity