Geoscience Minor (Masters)
Geoscienes as a minor
GeoZentrum Nordbayern offers Geoscience as a minor for master’s students from other degree programmes at FAU. The available modules and their descriptions can be found below.
Geography Master’s students can take 5 or 10 ECTS credits in elective Geoscience modules. All lectures are held in German.
The minor consists of following modules:
(1) AG-F2 Georisiken / Modellierung (Geohazards / Modelling) (2 SWS / 3 SWS, 2.5 ECTS): A or B can be chosen from this module.
- A) Georisiken und Massenbewegungen (Geohazards and Mass Movements)
- B) 3D Modellierung (3D Modelling)
(2) AS-V1 Angewandte Sedimentologie (Applied Sedimentology) (2SWS, 2.5 ECTS)
(3) PG-V1 Magmastismus und Plattentektonik (Magmatism and Plate Tectonics) (2 SWS, 2.5 ECTS)
(4) PG-F2 Vulkanologie (Volcanology ) (2 SWS, 2.5 ECTS)
Two modules can be taken for 5 ECTS, or all for for 10 ECTS. Modules can be attended in the 1st and 3rd semester.
Biology Master’s students can earn 7.5 ECTS credits in the Geoscience minor. The minor contains of two modules from the department of “Palaeobiology”
(1) AM-V1 Kristallchemie und Phasenlehre (Crystal Chemistry and Phase Theory) (5 ECTS, 4 SWS)
(2) AM-V3 Material und Methoden (Material and Methods) (5 ECTS, 4 SWS)
(3) Archäometrie (Archaeology) (5 ECTS, 4 SWS)
Modules can be taken in the 1st and 3rd semester.
The lectures (1) and (2) are part of the Applied Mineralogy specialisation of the Geoscience Masters. Lecture (3) is offered as a Key Qualification module at the GeoZentrum.